If you withdraw from UC San Diego, you may be eligible for a partial or full refund of prepaid fees, depending on the:
- Effective date of your departure (to be indicated by your college)
- Absence of other University debts
- Schedule of refunds
If you are a first-year, first-time undergraduate or graduate student receiving Title IV financial aid and you withdraw by the end of Week 6 of your first quarter at UC San Diego, the schedule below does not apply to you. You will receive a prorated refund. Please contact Financial Aid regarding the applicable refund schedule.
The schedule of refunds below:
- Applies to the School of Medicine and Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmeceutical Sciences for Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer quarters.
- Applies to Undergraduate and Graduate students only for Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. For information about Summer Session refunds, link to the Summer Session Calendar.
- Refers to calendar days, beginning with the first day of instruction (Day 1).
- Recognizes the "date of withdrawal" as the day you file your withdrawal form. If you claim an earlier date of withdrawal, and therefore a higher refund, you must submit written evidence to your college or the Graduate Division.
- Applies to all quarterly registration fees. "Percent of Registration Fees refund" does not apply to Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). In certain cases, SHIP may not be refunded.
|Schedule of Refunds|
|Number of days into quarter||0-1 days||2-7 days||8-18 days||19-35 days||36 days and over|
|Percent of Registration Fees refund||100%||90%||50%||25%||0%|
|Percent of SHIP refund||100%||0%||0%||0%||0%|
It is the student’s responsibility to contact Student Business Services to request a refund of any eligible credit as a result of university withdrawal. Read more about refund requests and Student Account Refunds.