Note: This checklist is not all inclusive. You may want to print it out and add items of your own.
Check your enrollment status.
- If you wait-listed a class during enrollment, view your classes and wait lists to find out if you have been added.
- Know the add/ drop/ change deadlines for classes.
Buy your textbooks and class materials.
- Fall Quarter, use the Bookstore's online tool to find textbooks for your course.
- You can buy your textbooks at the UCSD Bookstore (map) in the Price Center.
- Bookstore Tips:
- Print a book list for your classes at one of the computer stations on the first floor of the Price Center.
- If you need to return a textbook, bring a copy of your class list to prove you dropped the class.
- Check courses.ucsd.edu for a list of other class resources. At the first main lecture, your instructor will tell you if you'll need any other materials.
Get your campus ID card.
You should receive your campus ID at orientation. If you don't:
- If you live in a residence hall, you'll receive it on move-in day.
- If you live off campus, or if you don't receive it on move-in day, pick it up at Student Business Services (map), Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Find out more about your campus ID card.
Know when your classes start.
- Fall Quarter, classes begin on Thursday of Week 0. Winter and Spring quarters, classes begin on Monday of Week 1.
- Check your class schedule to find out when your class will meet for the first time. Discussion and lab sections of classes usually meet after the first main lecture.
Know your class schedule.
- Print your list of classes and wait lists.
- Find your classroom buildings using the campus map.
- Before classes begin, go to your classrooms to plan the fastest route for the 10-minute passing periods.
Arrange to pay your student fees.
- Check the billing due dates to find out when to pay your student fees. If you charge your books to your student account, your Bookstore charges may be due before your registration fees.
- Learn about different ways to pay your bill.
- If you want a parent or other payer to pay your bill, set up authorization.
- See other billing information.
Find out about parking and transportation.
Purchase or waive student health insurance.
- All students must have health insurance. If you already have insurance and don't want to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan from UCSD, submit the health fee waiver before the deadline.
Be aware of dates and deadlines.
- See a list of Academic Calendars, which includes information on holidays, deadlines, exam schedules, enrollment deadlines, and more.