How to Enroll in Individual Classes (Non-UCSD Students)
If you are not a UCSD student but would like to take UCSD classes, find out about a variety of ways to enroll.
In the right place?
If you want to apply for admission to UCSD, go to Admissions.
The Concurrent Enrollment Program, offered by UCSD Extension, lets you take courses without formal admission to UCSD. This is a great way to explore fields of study while earning transferable units.
- Both undergraduate and graduate courses are offered.
- You can take up to 18 units (or more if you petition).
- For details, see Concurrent Enrollment on the UCSD Extension website.
The Cross Enrollment Program allows undergraduate students registered at a California community college or California State University to enroll at UCSD without formal admission on a seat-available basis.
- Check the General Catalog to review all courses offered by UCSD.
- Refer to the Schedule of Classes to see descriptions of UCSD classes. You may need to check the Schedule periodically until the course list for the quarter you wish to attend becomes available.
- If you have questions, contact Sarah Zeaman, (858) 534-3150.
UCSD Summer Session offers more than 350 courses in a variety of subjects.
How to enroll:
- Check the General Catalog to see descriptions of all courses offered by UCSD.
- Refer to the Schedule of Classes to see which courses are offered during Summer Session. You may need to check the Schedule periodically until the summer course list becomes available.