Counseling on Legal Topics
Last Updated: August 4, 2015 1:31:00 PM PDT
Student Legal Services provides counseling on legal topics (as well as education and referrals) for registered UCSD students and student clubs and organizations.
About counseling at Student Legal Services
- All initial sessions are scheduled by appointment only, as we must verify student status by checking your valid student ID card.
- To make a counseling appointment, contact Student Legal Services, (858) 534-4374.
- All counseling sessions are confidential. We won't tell anyone that you consulted with our office, nor will we reveal to anyone the details of what was discussed.
- You may bring a friend, parent, or another person to the session, but we'll ask you to sign a confidentiality waiver that allows us to discuss the facts of your case with another person.
- In some cases, we may refer you to a private attorney or help you identify another organization to provide the assistance you need.
- Before you meet with a Student Legal Services staff member or a private attorney, read more about how to talk with an attorney, so you can obtain the best possible representation.
Counseling for individuals
Counseling for clubs and student organizations
- Members may meet with someone on our staff to discuss any legal problems or concerns facing the organization.
- We also offer a preventive legal education series. Some regularly scheduled topics may be of interest to your group. We can also design workshops for your specific student organization. For example, we can conduct a patent and intellectual property law workshop for the Computer Engineering Club. Learn more about planning a custom workshop designed for your group's needs.
If you have questions, or to schedule a counseling appointment:
Contact Student Legal Services
, (858) 534-4374.