Financial Resources for Student-Parents
UCSD financial aid for student-parents
The UCSD Financial Aid Office (FAO) is a "family friendly" office, and we are here to serve you. Be aware of the following important information that may assist students who are parents.
- If you pay child care costs, you may submit a budget add-on to document the costs. This form is on the Financial Aid website.
If your rent exceeds what is in the basic budget, generally designed for a single student, you may request a budget add-on for the higher rent in on campus family housing or off campus housing. This form is on the Financial Aid website.
- If you are having difficulty meeting your expenses, then please visit the FAO for assistance with any financial concerns. We are here to support you as you work towards your graduation.
Please also visit the Financial Aid Office for further procedures and deadlines.
Undergraduates families, you may be eligible for the Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan to help pay for your UC education (available systemwide). Also consider applying for a scholarship to help decrease your UC San Diego costs.
Calfornia financial and nutrition resource programs for families
Information below is quoted directly from the links provided for each program as an informational resource for UCSD student-parents. Please refer to each individual agency for application procedures and eligiblity.
- "The CalWorks program provides temporary financial assistance and employment focused services to families with minor children who have income and property below State maximum limits for their family size."
- "The CalFresh program helps to improve the health and well-being of qualified households and individuals by providing them a means to meet their nutritional needs."
- "WIC is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for women, infants, and children. WIC helps families by providing checks for buying healthy supplemental foods from WIC-authorized vendors, nutrition education, and help finding healthcare and other community services."